Monday, November 26, 2007

Budgeting 101

So now that I'm an adult and I'm learning how to "budget" my money, grocery shopping is something that has become a big part of my life. I do not enjoy grocery shopping at all, actually I hate it! Let me tell you why! Last week I bought knock off cereal, yes the cheap shit. I bought the cheap shit because it was like 3 dollars cheaper then my favorite stuff. When your an adult you are supposed to realize these things (saving money and cutting corners is a good thing). Well I love cereal and every time I eat a bowl of Cookie Crisp as an adult, it takes me back to when I was little kid and cereal was like the best thing about getting up in the morning. So as I stand at the check out line and the lady scans my newly purchased box of "chocolate swirly cosmic o's" I suddenly feel a piece of my child hood being ripped away from me....Not only did the cereal taste like shit, it came in a smaller box, so I ended up letting the shit go stale and ended up throwing it in the trash. So in the end I didn't save a damn penny because I wasted the whole box. This seems like a cruel joke of "welcome to the real world"

No comments: